How to Avoid Failure:
- Never try. If there is even a chance of failure, don’t even attempt it. Play it safe to avoid failure. If you can’t win them all why win any?
- Play small. To avoid failure, don’t go for anything audacious or exceptional. Stay average. Don’t stand out. Don’t call attention to yourself.
- Stay in your comfort zone. It if involves discomfort or the unknown, avoid failure by staying the hell away. Stick with what is known and familiar.
- Always let fear dictate your actions. If fear of failure shows up, there’s a good chance failure might happen. To avoid failure, let your fear stop you. Stay home and hide out.
- Put “always looking good” at the top of your standards. Failure doesn’t make you look good, so if you are always focused on looking good, you can avoid failure. After all, looking good is very important to many people, isn’t it?
- Never be willing to grow or learn. This almost always involves failure, which almost always involves growing and learning, so stay stunted.
- Never set goals. Only 3 percent of people set goals by writing them down. Those 3 percent will experience failure, you can bet.
- Never dream. Be practical. Avoid failure by never getting in over your head or biting off more than you can chew.
- Don’t put anything at stake. You can avoid failure by never losing anything.
- Totally hate on stuff that goes wrong. To avoid failure, you don’t want anything to go wrong. You want to be in control of everything at all times.
ps. Interestingly, these are the same strategies to avoid success.
pss. If you are interested in being successful in any way, you can probably do that by doing exactly the opposite of the above. If you need help, click here.
To hear my podcast of this blog, go to TedinYourHead.com Epidode 64.