https://tedmoreno.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/The-Moreno-Method-Ted-Moreno-300x96.jpg 0 0 Hypnotherapy https://tedmoreno.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/The-Moreno-Method-Ted-Moreno-300x96.jpg Hypnotherapy2012-05-02 19:56:042012-05-02 19:56:0426 Things To Start Doing Today!
A while ago I posted 43 Things to Stop Doing Now! Here are some things that you can start doing today that might make a difference in your life. Print them out and hang them up and see how many you can check off.
- Talk to strangers. Are you afraid of strangers? Guess what? They’re afraid of you too. That’s why people fail to connect. Just try saying “Hi” or “Good Day”.
- Smile. Try this: put a big smile on your face and try to feel depressed. What you do with your body will affect how you feel. No need to be such a sourpuss!
- Pick something in the natural world to follow. Try to keep track of the phases of the moon. Or always be aware of what’s going on with the tree across from your house. Be aware of the solstices, equinoxes.
- Walk outside. Doesn’t matter what time. Or how long. Just do it.
- Create something. Try writing a song or a short story. Draw something. Cook something you’ve never cooked before. Get that right brain activated.
- Write a letter or send a card. It’s a dying art, writing something, putting it into an envelope and sending it. There’s probably someone you should be writing to.
- Grow something. Preferable something legal. Plant a tree or a bush or some flowers or some seeds. Stick a couple of toothpicks in an avocado pit and suspend it in water. Nurture it.
- Read a book. Emily Dickinson said “There is no frigate like a book.”
- Listen to music you are not familiar with. Try listening to something by Bach, Beethoven or Mozart. Try bluegrass. How about jazz? Expand your mind.
- Sit and do nothing. Don’t read, don’t listen to the radio, don’t watch tv. Just sit quietly and see how your mind resists being still. Then sit some more.
- Stretch for 10 minutes every morning.
- Pull out some some favorite photos and put the on the fridge. Change them weekly.
- Say something nice to yourself every day. “Every day in every way I’m getting better and better.”
- Say something nice to someone else every day.
- Listen more than you talk. You know, the two ears and one mouth thing…
- Donate some money every month. Even if it’s just 5 bucks.
- Pencil into your planner today that thing you’ve been meaning to do. Recapture the mental energy from that thing.
- Get a daily planner. Every night, create the next day.
- Drink more water.
- Be grateful. Everyday. Say at least once a day “I’m so grateful for___”
- Set 3 goals for the next 30 days. One that is easy, one that will require more time and effort, and one that will really stretch you. Be sure to write them down.
- Become an expert in something. Maybe it’s trains, or cactus, or The Beatles or Mexican Literature. Learn everything you can about it.
- Give something valuable away to someone that you know would like it. Practice freedom from attachment.
- Connect with the transcendent within you. It takes practice.
- Declare yourself OK with being alive. Say out loud everyday: “I’m glad I’m alive even though ____(fill in blank).
- Decide to be happy. Now. Tomorrow. Everyday. It’s possible. It takes practice. Just make the choice.
If you liked this post, please leave a comment and/or share it with your social networks.
Your companion on the journey to transformation,
Ted A. MorenoPersonal/Small Business Coach Certified Hypnotherapist